- File Size: 276 KB
- Print Length: 101 pages
- Publisher: Who Dares Wins Publishing (March 15, 2010)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003CN5OEO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 (3 customer reviews)
- Price: $4.99
1. Short review: (Amazon rating: 4 stars out of 5 -- I like it.)
2. Long review:2.1. What I liked: Much useful information.
Roller-coaster or walk-in-the-park? Neither. Non-fiction.
$4.99 and worth it.
2.2. What I did not like: The book shows its age. A significant fraction of the 'solutions' addresses concerns pertinent to traditional press submissions.
2.3. Who I think is the audience: Writers.
2.4. Is the book appropriate for children to read? Yes. No worries.
2.5. On the basis of reading this book, will I buy the author's next book? Yes, but already I have a number of books on writing by Bob Mayer.
2.6. The plot in a nutshell:
Does not apply.2.7. Other:
My criterion for determining the worth of books that purport to advise writers is this: If I learn one thing I did not know before, the book has repaid me its purchase price. 102 Solutions to Common Writing Mistakes met that criterion and then some.
If you are a writer, this book is worth the money.
2.8. Links: Bob Mayer's Blog
2.9. Buy the book: 102 Solutions to Common Writing Mistakes