Thursday, June 14, 2012

Movie Review: John Carter deja vu cubed



John Carter [of Mars]

1. Short review: 

2. Long review:
I saw the movie again and again on cable. I still like it a lot.

My cable has video-on-demand, which means I control the delivery like it was a DVD. I got to play with the timing.

If you see the movie for the first time on DVD or VOD, I suggest the following:

2.1. Forget the title. Think of the movie as Barsoom. At the end, this will have impact.

2.2. Start the movie five minutes and thirty seconds (00:05:30) in. The prologue that eats up that time is disjointed and adds nothing. The editors should have deleted these scenes. You will have to do it instead.

2.3. To get the most from the experience, read the first two books in the John Carter series before you see the movie: A Princess of Mars and The Gods of Mars.

Enjoy the movie.

3. Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment